TSA Approved Luggage Lock in 12 Different Colors
3-Dials Give You up to 1,000 Different Combinations
Note: Does not come with SearchAlert Security Window
- TSA Accepted
- Airport Luggage & Case Security
- 1,000 Re-settable Combinations
Choose from 12 Different Colors for the TSA Approved Luggage Lock
- Bright Nickel
Setting the Combination
This combination lock is set at the factory to open at all 0's when aligned between the arrows as shown in Fig A above. You can either leave it at this setting and always open the lock at all 0's or you can set your own combination in the following manner:
- Open the TSA approved luggage lock by turning the dials to present combination and pull shackle out.
- Turn shackle halfway around (180 degrees) in either direction and push in as far as possible. See Fig B.
- Hold shackle depressed and turn it 90 degrees (quarter turn) in either direction as seen in Fig. C. Leave the shackle in this position while you change the code to your personal combination.
- After turning the dials to the new desired combination, record the numbers someplace for easy reference (in case you forget the combination!!)
- Without disturbing the dials, return the shackle a quarter way around (90 degrees). See Fig B, pull out the shackle and turn pulled out shackle half way around (180 degrees) and push in (see fig A). Turn dials to any number to lock. Your lock will now open at your own personal combination. If you want to change to a new combination, simply repeat steps 1-5 (starting on your new combination for the shackle instead of the factory default).
NOTE: If you would like us to set your combination for you, go to the accessory tab and select that option.
ABOUT TRAVEL SENTRY CERTIFIED LOCKS
What is a Travel Sentry Certified Lock?
Travel Sentry Certified Locks have been developed through unprecedented cooperation between luggage, lock and travel accessory manufacturers, retailers, and the TSA. Travel Sentry Certified locks are sturdy, die-cast combination devices that carry the red and white diamond-shaped Travel Sentry logo and a special TSA code on the bottom.
How are Travel Sentry Certified locks different from other luggage locks?
Only Travel Sentry Certified locks allow airline passengers once again to lock their bags with confidence. Before now, travelers either had to leave their bags unlocked or lock them and risk the locks being broken by TSA screeners if the bags need to be inspected. Because the TSA recognizes and uses the Travel Sentry locking system, its screeners can, through a secure procedure, unlock Travel Sentry Certified locks if bags need to be inspected. TSA screeners must cut off all other types of luggage locks if they need to inspect bags.
How do I know that the Travel Sentry system is secure?
The TSA strictly controls the distribution of the special codes and tools used to open Travel Sentry Certified locks. Only qualified personnel with the TSA will have access to these tools.
What about the airline check-in people, who always tell me to leave my checked bags unlocked?
Airline check-in personnel are being briefed and trained to recognize Travel Sentry Certified locks and to understand that those bags may remain locked as they go through the screening process.
What happens if I use a Travel Sentry Certified lock and it’s cut off when I travel?
The TSA has been fully trained to recognize and use the Travel Sentry Certified locks. However, if a Travel Sentry Certified lock is broken during travel, simply return the lock to us and we will replace it free of charge. We ask that customers provide your receipt, the Travel Sentry Certified lock that was broken, along with the TSA Notification of Baggage Inspection, and let us know in which airport the bag was checked (and screened) so that we may notify the TSA.
- 0.20 LBS
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Seen a lot of these on bags. They look nice and add that little bit of feel good security you need to feel good
This product was clearly labeled as "having no search alert window," I found that feature on several of the other locks on this website. Still very good product that helps differentiate family bags and discourage thieves from taking your bag because the locks are fairly visible. I feel exponentially more secure now that I have these to lock my family's and my own bag
Not meant to be secure. This model is preferred by us simply because of the array of colors, everyone picks their favorite
Purchased multiple colors for the family trip. Was used to using SearchAlerts in the past and did not pay attention that they do not actually have the alert window for when the TSA open the lock like the other SearchAlerts do. My bad, but was dissapointed thus the 3. Good lock though despite that.
The airport lost my luggage and felt very confident that I had one of these locks on my bag. My bag was very secure while it was out of my hands.
Needed a new TSA lock before our trip. Arrived quickly and was very reasonably priced. Will come back to this site again.
These are simple locks that will keep a common thief out of your luggage. They are TSA approved and do the job.